Welcome to my first blog post. Being a music photographer, and loving music and musicians, I thought it fitting that start a music/music photography blog. My first post on the second last day of 2019 will be a list of my 10 favourite albums/ep's of 2019.
For me, music is about the lyrics, the melody and how it makes me feel when I hear it. These albums/ep's made my list for many reasons, but as individual bodies of work, they stood out to me this year on many levels. Click through each album cover to have a listen to each of the albums.
01. The Kids Are Coming EP
I remember exactly where I was the moment i first heard Toni Watson's incredible voice. Although Dance Monkey is her major release of the year, it was her first single 'Johnny Run Away' that really caught my heart. Her voice is incredible. Her lyrics are captivating and heartfelt.
- Free Time EP - Ruel
- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Billie Eilish
- Salt - Angie McMahon
- i,i - Bon Iver
- Driving Music – Mallrat
- How I’m Feeling - Lauv
- A Place We Knew - Dean Lewis
- Dermot Kennedy - Dermot Kennedy
- No. 6 Collaborations Project - Ed Sheeran
- Freya Ridings - Freya Ridings
- All The Things I Dream About At Night - Taylor Piggot
- About Us EP - G Flip
- You - James Arthur
- Oh My Messy Mind EP - James Bay
- Kurt + Company Vol 7 - Kurt Hugo Schneider
- Too Young - Kyle Lionhart
- Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent - Lewis Capaldi
- Onwards To Zion - Vancouver Sleep Clinic
- Better Oblivion Community Centre - Phoebe Bridgers, Conor Oberst + Better Oblivion Community Centre
Copyright Notice: All album cover artwork copyright of their respective artists + designers.